Antonyms 42

 Antonyms -the opposite of a word


1. accidental-intentional


-It was an accidental move when my co-worker spilled my coffee over my deadline paperwork.

-The way my coffee toppled over my important paperwork seemed intentional by my co-worker. 


2. arrival-departure


Last night at LAX we were waiting for the arrival of my college friend and the departure of my parents simultaneously. 


3. artificial - natural

The artificial turf in my backyard patio is almost as natural as having a fresh, green lawn.



4. better-worse


Our whole family is feeling better after having Covid during the holiday season.

The worse part of our family having Covid during the holiday season was that we couldn't go to the mall and have our traditional portrait with Santa Claus. 


5. blunt-sharp


All my color pencils had blunt points after working on my new drawing this morning.

To conserve my color pencils I prefer to use a manual pencil sharpener instead of an electric one.


6. borrow-lend

I feel fortunate to have a neighbor that I can borrow little things like sugar and butter when I am in a pinch and can't make it to the supermarket.

My neighbor doesn't own a car so when she needs to go to the supermarket I lend her mine for all her weekly food shopping.


7. capture-release

I was finally able to capture the feral kitten in my backyard and take her to the veterinarian for health care.

Because my kitten was not completely tame, I could not release her from her cage until the veterinarian entered the waiting room. 


8. clever-foolish

I thought I was being clever by decorating my front yard with garden gnomes but instead my yard looked like a foolish replica of Disneyland.



9. deep-shallow

The deep part of our swimming pool is 6ft deep and the shallow end of the pool is 3ft deep making it accessible for children.


10.demand- supply

There is a larger demand for eggs right now because the prices are rising thereby making the current supply a better deal. 


11. effective-ineffective

It was more effective and lucrative to share my school clothes with my sister when we were teenagers because we had more options in our wardrobe.  

However it started to become ineffective when my sister grew four inches during our junior and senior year. 


12. expand-shrink



13.famous-unknown


14. generous-stingy


15. hero-coward


16. important-trivial


17. obedient-disobedient


18. mature-immature



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro expressions- We can explain. Lesson 10

Tongue Twisters lesson 37 & 37 B

Lesson 36 Similes/ METAPHORS 36 b