Lesson 34 : "He explained it to me..."

 1. The directions to the summer home were easier to find because he explained it to me very thoroughly.


2. So I could understand the comic's monologue about the "Tooth Fairy" in his childhood, he explained it to me like a six year old.


3. He clearly explained it to me so I could understand what he was saying in French. 


4. I was able to understand the new computer program because he explained it to me in a clear, concise, manner.


5. Watching the dog roll over several times, his owner explained it to me as a trick it learned by itself. 


6. So I would not make a mistake setting the table, I asked the hostess to explain it to me by drawing a diagram. 


7. While visiting the museum tour of the Picasso exhibition, the art docent explained it to me personally. 


8. To make itself understood, the cat explained it to me by meowing loudly.


9. My gardener brought a new lemon tree hybrid and explained it to me in order to agree with the planting.


10. "Can you explain it to me like I am a ...", is a catch phrase when you want someone to explain it to you more clearly. 
"Can you explain it to me like I am a 5 year old...10 year old...".


explained - explained it- explained it to me- explained to me

1, He explained to me how to turn on the home alarm before I left for work.

He explained how to turn on the home alarm before I left for work.


2. The animal trainer at the zoo explained to me how the bears stay together like a human family.


The animal trainer at the zoo explained how the bears stay together like a human family.


3. The audio book about Meghan Markle explained how she met Prince Harry.

The audio book about Meghan Markle explained to me how she met Prince Harry.


4. The dress designer explained it how she would hem my dress.

The dress designer explained how she would hem my dress.\

The dress designer explained it to me how she would hem my dress.


5. The party planner I hired, explained to me how she would transform my backyard into a Hawaiian theme.

The party planner I hired, explained how she would transform my backyard into a Hawaiian theme.

The party planner I hired, explained it to me how she would transform my backyard into a Hawaiian theme.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro expressions- We can explain. Lesson 10

Tongue Twisters lesson 37 & 37 B

Lesson 36 Similes/ METAPHORS 36 b