Swing...words that begin with SW and more Lesson 29

 1. swabbed ---I swabbed the floor with a new an improved mop that cleaned my kitchen floor in minutes.


2. swan-  The swan is a bird that is known for mating for life with its swan partner.


3. sway-  The tall palm trees sway back and forth during the wind storm.


4. swap-  When I was a kid in elementary school, I used to swap my tuna sandwich for my friend's peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. 


5. swig-  I took a swig from my friend's water bottle and found out it was wine instead.


6. swami- The swami at the temple greeted me with welcome arms.


7. swift-  The deer was swift as it traveled through the hill side.


8. sword-  The sword fight by the knights was fierce and brutal.


9. swept- The waves swept the debris away from the shoreline.


10. swallow-  The spaghetti was hard to swallow without more sauce.


11. swatter- I just bought a fly swatter to swat the flies in my patio area.


12. swamped-  The accountant was swamped with income tax clients during tax time.


13. sweeter-  For me, coffee is sweeter with honey instead of sugar.


14. swear-  Growing up in my home, we were not aloud to swear or use profanity without consequences.


Nine Lives 2008  ( 9 towers of cotton swabs, hot glue and spray paint, string)

These sculptural forms were done for a show celebrating the Day of the Dead at a gallery in Los Angeles called Self-Help Graphics.  The cotton swabs are a form of offering and also a way for me to bring cotton swabs to heaven.  I don't know for sure what awaits for me in paradise but just in case,
I am sneaking the "Q-Tips" with me as a form of art.

15.swarm- A swarm of bees were swarming over the sun flowers.

16. swift-  The bicycle messenger is very swift as he sways in and out of the car lane.

17. swiftly- On a daily basis, she runs swiftly up the flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator. 

18. swaddle- The new mother is learning how to create a perfectly swaddled blanket for the new born.
Mom learned "how to swaddle a baby step by step instructions" on the internet.  Swaddling is the age-old practice of wrapping infants with a blanket snugly around their body. 

19. swindle- The swindler of a businessman swindled the investors for 10 million dollars.  Swindling was something that came natural to the businessman.  He was always looking for the next monetary score. 

20. swing-  The swing in the backyard has been swinging kids for 3 generations.  The rope has been replace several times but the seat remains the original wood.  Every generations adds stories of the swing as they swing and sway with joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro expressions- We can explain. Lesson 10

Tongue Twisters lesson 37 & 37 B

Lesson 36 Similes/ METAPHORS 36 b