WORDS THAT BEGIN WITH "SQU" LESSON 13

 Words that begin with "squ"





-squat                   I am beginning my daily exercise regime with 25 squats. I am hoping to move up to 

                              100 squats a day by the summer.


                            My Birdwatchers club will squat down flat, like a tortilla, to see an exotic bird.


square                His garden is evolving into a 10ft x 10ft square of roses. 

                           The fountain is in the center of the market square.


squash                Yellow squash is my favorite type of squash to tempura.

                            The cat relishes squashing the new delivery boxes.


squint                Because I am avoiding getting new reading glasses, I spend my

                            reading time squinting at the print.                  


                        The strong, bold, rays of the sun caused him to squint all afternoon at the beach.


squabble        The younger brother feels he always has to go through a squabble with his brothers 

                        in order to be heard. 

                        In order to be heard, the younger brother feels he always has to go through a 

                        squabble. 

                

                        A squabble is defined as a small argument but when you are there it still stings.


squirrel        I like to feed the squirrels that visit my garden every morning.  Sometimes they 

                       squabble over the peanut distribution.


squad        The squirrel squad has become a band of 12.  They scamper up the oak tree, on the lower 

                branches, and wait for me to appear every morning. 

add your own sentences below:

squeal


squirt


squish


squirm


squeak


squeamish 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro expressions- We can explain. Lesson 10

Tongue Twisters lesson 37 & 37 B

Lesson 38 Alliteration- "Tasty Tacos"